The Tendering Process
Ascend is highly skilled at navigating practices through the tendering process which is both complex and competitive.
Before you even commit to this process, we’ll help you to evaluate criteria such as:
• Does your practice fall within the NHS Commissioners, local council, NHS Trust or Contracting Authority’ lot boundary?
– If not, should you buy/lease a property or rent business space?
• Do you have financial trading history to demonstrate your viability?
– If not, what should you do?
• Do you have the necessary key players in your workforce already?
– If not, should you recruit?
It is then essential to understand how to align your service with the tendering organisation’s preferred bidder criteria and position your practice correctly. We can show you how. Covering both the technical/quality and financial evaluation, we’ll guide you through the core areas including:
- Clinical Governance
- financial viability
- Equality Act 2010
- Communication and Exit Management Strategies
- Patient pathway
- Stakeholder/patient engagement
A tender can vary from 2,500-5,000 words or up to 20-30,000 words (plus supporting attachments) and is usually submitted 4-8 weeks after the release of the ‘Invitation to Tender’. It requires supporting documentation such as policies, mobilisation plans, workforce structures and financial reports. Ascend will advise you on additional information to make you stand out from your competitors.
We will work closely with you, assigning a Client Lead as a single point of contact while drawing on our wide-ranging areas of expertise to create a unique, innovative and high quality tender submission.
If you would rather focus on the day to day running of your practice and save yourself valuable time, money and stress, then contact us for more information on our tending service.